Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Serve

I'm not feeling well today. I feel like so much of me...who I was doesn't exist anymore. I say that I'm not from the states, yet I don't feel cultural at all nor do I feel American. It's like I exist in this in between stage - this limbo.

I do get tired of the depressed feelings. I do get tired of not being able to maintain the happiness that happens to befall upon me.

I'm bored and I'm restless. I need a change. I've been going to school for way too long. I've been feeling "stuck" for way too long and it's sucking what little bit of life there is left out of me.

My goal is to genuinely try to focus on others. To genuinely listen and take in what others are saying either verbally or non-verbally. I want to get the most out of my experiences rather than continue to wait around for things to change because by doing that, I'm letting this short life slip away day by day, moment by moment.

My goal is to genuinely pour out love to others in ways that they need - not in ways that I need. I've often heard that by giving to others, it helps one become less focused on self and feel a greater purpose. I'm ready for my greater purpose and if all it is is to give others a smile or a hug, I'm ready.


Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. ~ Philippians 2:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment